Monday, February 21, 2011

my life is average.

had an awesome thought today/this weekend.
well, I say I had an awesome thought, I went to a seminar about and therefore reflected on this awesome thought.
my life is average.
yep, that's it. average. and you know what, I'm ok with that. trust me, it's pretty easy to want to escape, especially for a freshman girl at auburn. It's super easy to think about the future, or to think about all the cool things I could be doing instead of studying and being average, but you know what, if I was too consumed with escaping, and getting out, I would miss the beauty of what's here and now. yeah, it would be great to leave right now, sell all my books and clothes and go be a missionary in africa, but then I would miss out on the beauty of the gospel right here in my average life.
don't get me wrong, I know that the Lord has GREAT things planned for my life, and I absolutely love missions, but it is way to easy to miss the opportunity I have here. "He came so that we would have life, and have it abundantly"- that doesn't say in africa or alaska or europe or any other incredible place I've never been. We are told to have life abundantly, right where the Lord has us. to enjoy every new day, even if it is just average, because it's all a part of one beautiful grand adventure.
how sweet it is to know that the Lord has me right here for a reason. and all I have to do is trust in him, and He will work out the rest.

"what is the 'normal' christian life? it's love and faithfulness for and in the mundane, the ordinary. It's praying over 70-80 years of ones life. It's loving the same spouse for 40-50 years. It's changing diapers. It's doing endless loads of laundry and mowing the front yard. It's trusting the means of grace, the word preached and the sacraments offered by the church because it's all you have time for but it's all you need. It's looking at how and where the majority of our lives will be lived out and trusting God knew about this, planned for it, and promised to meet us there."

isn't that what this blog is about?? finding the beautiful in the ordinary? well consider my soul awake because I think auburn, alabama is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment