when I was little, and I loved auburn and went to games, I thought 2 things.
1. the kids walking around yelling "programs" were auburn slaves.
2. that the toomers tree was a magic tree. (I don't know why, maybe I did drugs?)
today as I sit here in mourning for our beloved toomers tree, I chose to have hope. yeah I know everyone says "it's lethal" and "it's going to die" and "can't be saved" but I disagree. I think toomers is a magic tree, and I think it's going to take a lot more than a moron with some herbicide to bring it down. now if the tree actually does die, let's pretend this is metaphoric, and it's the tradition that will never die. because no matter what, we still love auburn, and we are still national champs, and no matter what, I am still blessed to have one of the greatest freshman years of college you could ask for, and no matter what, we still beat you bama.
I love toomers. I love the tradition. I love the memories.
haha "all great things must come to an end" I laugh in the face of this quote. toomers will never really die.
call me a tree hugger.








No comments:
Post a Comment