Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm so vain, I probably think this blog is about me

I was thinking, and I feel like you don't know enough about me, so to start off the journey of discovering who I really am, I think we should start at the beginning.
It was a cold dark night at the brookwood hospital, and I was charging out... just kidding. no one really wants to know about that. but for real, let's start with my name. because when you think about it, your name, is really the only thing that is really yours, that and your blood, which is why I don't ever want to donate blood.
my name is Mary Katherine Stallings.
Mary which means, bitter (thanks mom!), and no I'm not catholic. I was named after Mary in the bible, you know the virgin mary, mother of Jesus? It's also hebrew.
Katherine which means Pure, Virginal
Stallings which means like a stallion

therefore I am a bitter, pure virgin, who is like a stallion.
thank God, for nicknames.
now you may be wondering why I go by Kit, turns out, Kit is short for Katherine. I'm pretty sure it's not, but when your a parent naming your child, whose to say you can't make up your own nickname for katherine.
Kit which means well nothing because it's just a nick name.
so I did what anyone would do and I looked it up on urban dictionary. this is what I found:
  • an acronym for "keep in touch"
  • a random collection of drugs
  • slang word to describe women who like older men
  • A strange , yet compelling, woman...frequently discovered to be smarter than you are, funnier than you are, and more charming than you are. A delightful companion full of insight and good advice. Wise beyond her years.
  • Canadian Forces slang for any piece of military equipment, be it a uniform, rifle, helicopter, or even the soldier itself. (who knew there was such a thing as the canadian forces??)
  • slang word for heroin
  • baby fox.
here are some modern day examples of "kit"








































now, with a name like Kit, I get a lot of nicknames. so now I am going to pay tribute to all my nicknames and the people who were original enough to think of them.

Kitten- Ami Butterworth and Shaye Knuth
Kittymac- Missy Shaw
Kitty- creepy Math substitute teacher
KitKat- what My dad always called me. They even named a candy bar after me.
Kitchen- mark price. If you're lucky, i'll marry and asian with the last name "chen" and be kitchen forever
Kit Kittredge- I don't remember who calls me that. but it's also an american girl doll, and yes, I have her.
Kittypoo- molly hendry
Kitlet- allie heckel, congrats, this is the newest original one
Kitherine- stephen darwin or dale the indian killer
Kitrina- allison shaw
Girl- Girl
Kinky Kate- oh wait that's not my nickname
Kittery- I think ruthie jager calls me that, but it started at volleyball camp sophomore year because our coach's name was kittery
Kitson- lucy walker gunn (dawg)
Kitter- dad. would sing the song, from the classic movie about a dolphin, flipper but replace it with kitter because I am faster than lightning
little Kit- I am actually named after one of my parents friends, she was big kit, and I was little Kit
Kitastic- coach dee.
kitten caboodle- not really sure, but it's a pretty common one
K- my gossip girl nickname.
Kip, Kent, Ken- whenever I introduce myself people tend to think these things are my name, because yes I am a dog, or a man/ barbie
Ugly Gat Slinga- my gansta name according to www.ganstaname.com
Huevos Mojado- mexican wrestling name. although I was really hoping it would be nacho libre.
Dib- Ben watson. probably the most original
kitleigh- katie spink.

No comments:

Post a Comment