Thursday, January 6, 2011

consider that lesson learned.

lately I have realized that I have an obsessive personality. I easily become obsessed with things that I like. because of this, I have decided to never do drugs. I would just become too obsessed and probably turn into a huge druggie. so I am completely eliminating that option. I will NOT let my obsessive personality get the best of me. consider it, a lesson learned.

today, I went to the eye doctor and got some new contacts and picked out some glasses, finally, which happen to be hillary duff brand. they were cute and I am convinced I am not going to let that get the best of me and they were 50% off. after buying my lizzie mcquire glasses, I went to
the thrift store with kathy and ashlyn, now referred to as ashbaby, and got yet another flannel shirt. obsession. this one is yellow which also happens to be one of my favorite colors. another obsession. after thrifting, I went to some mexican restaurant and then returned home. I spent the afternoon packing and studying for my art history final and doing pretty much nothing else. tonight for dinner we had my favorite, grilled chicken and creamed corn. food obsession. because I am the queen of the house.

then I watched wipe out with the fam jam and criminal minds. t.v. obsession, there is always an episode on. I also named my new panda slippers I got for christmas from my memaw, stella and stern, and now here I am. listening to regina spektor.

please take this quote from one of her songs and apply it to your life and I'll apply it to mine.
Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye
"THE CALL"

I guess I could mention real fast about last night. I got together with my high school small group and it was so much fun catching up with all of them! granted most of them go to auburn and some are in my sorority, it was still fun, getting to be with everyone again. I loved spending time together with the people who know me best. like regina says, "know who your real friends are." and, well, I think my real friends are pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment