ben rector, young the giant, and needtobreathe.
all in one night
for free.
I KNOW RIGHT?!?!
seriously could not have had a better time with these three great artists! ben rector started us off, awkward as always, but nonetheless, ben rector is always good live. he definitely pleased all the screaming sorority girls that were there (some kind of audience). One thing that UPC did that was fun was setting up 2 huge screens that flashed tweets about the program at the bottom. You could tweet anything and if you #AuburnAirwaves it might make it up to the big screen. So you could go on and on about how cute ben rector is, about how he has your heart, and about how much you would want to take him to your formal if you could. (Yes, I can make fun of the stereotype because I am in one.) Apparently all these girls forgot he was married, but you know what they say, married not buried.
If you're wondering if I ever made it on to the screen, I regrettfully say no. BUT I did have some stellar tweets, AND I would have definitely been on there IF I hadn't changed my account to unretweetable earlier that day.
Here are some winners..
Are all the people on the floor in the cage there because they have diseases? #AuburnAirwaves #quarantine
"one time I had an awkward interaction with @benrector" said everyone ever #AuburnAirwaves #lovehimthough
GET THAT CORN OUT OF MY FACE #AuburnAirwaves#stillunrelated
@Benrector what hurts the most #rascalflattscover?#AuburnAirwaves
Hard to walk away, walk away, when your leg breaks. #Remix#auburnairwaves
Ahh @youngthegiant pleasing the hipsters of auburn since they came on. #thankyou
The awkward moment when you realize @auburnupc cant retweet you because you went private
After Ben Rector, the one, the only, the hipster, YOUNG THE GIANT. Oh man, were they good. Young the Giant, if you're reading this, it might have seemed like no one was enjoying you at the concert, BUT don't be fooled, all the hipsters/ people with actual good taste were there, just not at the very front or tweeting about your vnecks and mustaches. and I'm sorry you were pushed in between two bands that are so "auburn" because ya'll have got some serious serious talent.
Love, a girl in a sorority who actually likes good music.
Finally, the main event, NEEDTOBREATHE.
I had never seen them before so I was extremely excited, and let me be real, they were awesome. Incredible musicians, incredible show.
Guys, go out, get an awkward picture with ben rector, I have one, buy young the giants cd, and somehow, somehow, be friends with needtobreathe. or pick up a banjo and learn to play it.



No comments:
Post a Comment