happpy birthday to me
happy birthday to me
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEEE
happy birthday to me!!
want to know what's more exciting about turning 20?! turning 10 TEEN that's what!
I am so thankful for birthdays, so so thankful that the Lord uses them to remind us oh his goodness.
SPOILER ALERT: I'm starting to realize that every good thing in life reminds us of His goodness.. coincidence? no. another SPOILER ALERT: there are no coincidences with God.
Despite the post-traumatic aging disorder I am experiencing now after aging and exiting my childhood teen years... gulp.. I mean moving up to 10 TEEN,
I had the most lovely of days!
It started at exactly 12 o'clock. after almost getting killed by a HUGE snake, and exploring the underground tunnels of Auburn with my hoodrat friends, I ran through the sprinklers.
yes. I know what you're thinking, a twenty year old running through the sprinklers.
BUT remember who were talking about, the girl who's favorite book is peter pan, who still sleeps with her teddy bear, who enjoys sidewalk chalk almost as much as climbing trees..
I mean, what else do we really have but our youth?
After barely being able to sleep that night, because I was just so excited, I woke up next morning and went to breakfast with Leigh Annimal! we went to Crepe Myrtle, and y'all this girl, is good at birthdays. We had a sweet time together at crepe myrtle and the garden next door. I am legitimately SO thankful for her. Soon after, we went to dollar general and Leigh Ann got me some awesome things that she knew I would love.
recorder (duh)
daisies (obviously, they are the friendliest flower)
a GIANT mt. dew can
a plastic bow and arrow (because I remind her so much of Katniss, but seriously, I played with this all day long)
a sudoku book
a smily face balloon!!
after dollar general we went to samford and had a picnic! it was super fun and I was so excited to see all my friends that could make it!
then Melanie cam and brought me this incredible dragonfly balloon and my favorite great american cookie! I'll tell you what, melanie sure has proved herself to be a great american friend.
after that, me and sarah katherine, another great friend who I don't think I could live without, took me to columbus to get my favorite ice cream!!!!
I know, you're freaking out right now, well trust me, I WAS TOO.
Sarah Katherine drove alllll the way to Columbus, that's like 45 minutes from Auburn y'all, just to get me Baskin Robbins, RAINBOW SHERBET ice cream.
like I said, my absolute favorite. I know it sounds dumb, but seriously, she'll never know how much it really meant to me. want to know what one of the closest things to feeling what the love of the Lord pursuing us is like? well, its having best friends like Sarah Katherine.
after also going to barnes and noble, we returned to Auburn, and neal and cody surprised me by taking me out to dinner with some other great friends!
I mean, its only like the best animated movie, right?
Its good to know that I can be 20 years old and still feel 5 years old.
Thankful for friends, thankful for dollar general, thankful for baskin robbins, thankful for camel scarves, thankful for volleyball, thankful for strawberry cake, thankful for flowers. thankful for youth.
thankful for JOY.




No comments:
Post a Comment