let's all be real for a second, life is hard.
growing up is hard.
school is hard.
relationships are hard.
As much as I would love to complain on all my social media outlets about how hard it is, as much as I would love sympathy from random people I'm facebook friends with, i'm refraining. none of my twitter followers want to hear about what life is really like. social media doesn't accept anything less than perfect very well, but seeing as thats another post for another day, I'm going to whine here.
Life. Is. Hard.
There I said it. So quit pretending like it isn't.
only 5 more days and this semester is over. I can go home, love on some college girls, DIG into the Word of God and into beautiful community with people who care about my heart, bask in the sun, hang out with my mom, watch t.v. with my dad, play pick-up basketball with my brothers, get my nails done with my sister (but seriously, we are going to do it), love on my grandparents, go to bed at a reasonable hour, go for runs at spain park, be away from auburn, AL, eat at california pizza kitchen, and just be away.
don't be mislead, a part of me will always love little auburn, AL, but that part of me just isn't happy right now, after studying and studying and studying, and is just ready to be on a break.
I want different restaurants.
I want different people
I want different trees
I wand different conversations
I want different flowers
I want mountains, or even hills, I'll take hills
I want briarwood presbyterian church
I want my family
I want different streets
I want time with the Lord...
boom. that's what it all goes back to, time with the Lord.
How often do we seek everything else, when all we really need to be seeking is the Lord.
We pretend to be so content with our mudpies, when God, He's the real deal.
THAT's what I want. I want the real deal.
No more mudpies for me, but right now, I feel like I'm drowning in mudpies.
I don't want new, I don't want different...
I need it.
Oh brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm sorry that sounded so cheesy, but hear me now.
Seek. The. Lord.
TRUST me, it is so good to seek Him.
"But as for me, the nearness of God is my good. I have made the Lord God my Refuge that I may tell of all your works."
Psalm 73:28
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."
James 4:8
"But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."
Deuteronomy 4:29
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
Psalm 34:10
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:
Post a Comment