today, was the BIG event. and let me tell you, it was a BIG deal.
I arrived at the green space by the student center for the kickoff, so early, and after taking 3 zyrtec on accident (woops) I was a little out of it. after the "kickoff" (still not really sure what happened, maybe the mayor spoke) we headed out to our worksites.
we arrived anxious to get down to business, mulan style, and do some kick-butt community service. we get our assignment, and we make our ways to our workplace, none other than the elementary school's boy's bathroom.

this is lochapoka elementary school. I think the picture pretty much says it all.
this is our bathroom. we painted it so hard. 
the best part was that while we were painting we had music to listen to, and it would be crazy to say that we didn't go all out singing our heart and soul. kinda like whistle while you work. this is us singing/ dancing while painting. there is a good possibility that the paint fumes might have been getting to us....
but trust me, we ALL had a pocketful of sunshine

after a long long long day at lochapoka, we, being covered in paint, seriously, it's like still in my hair, (I PROMISE THAT'S NOT DANDRUFF), went downtown and ate lunch, me and laura got real food, because we were starving and then we got the joy of getting to sit with each other at another table separate from everyone else, because that's life when you live on the hill. always one step behind, only 32 more days. 32. 32. 32. 32. 32 days of dorm life.
following lunch, I went and showered for possibly an hour, then left to help neal get her hair did for formal, and let me tell you, she looked hott.


I guess you could say I was kinda feeling like a flower child this day. I guess it was all the community service I had done, but I just wanted to be one. with nature. judge me, you won't.
these are my friends. and this is all the younglife leaders.

party party party yeah yeah fun fun, something gramatically incorrect about being excited.
good looking group, right??
overall, good day, mostly. partly.
good ending of a day.
flowerrrr powwerrr
peace, love, and flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment