Thursday, March 24, 2011

B 2 d@ L 2 d@ E 2 d@ D0uBL3 $ E D

yeah that's rap code for blessed.
today I woke up around 7ish and I DID NOT FEEL GOOD. now don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not used to it. to be quite frank, I have some history when it come to throwing up. the best way I can think to explain it, is to think of when a young child, like 5 or 6, goes over to their friend's house for their first sleepover party, and they are so excited and so janked up on sugar that they stay up way to late and then the next morning they wake up feeling sick. normal people grow out of this, and they are able to stay up late without throwing up the next day, it's actually a normal thing, but I, well I just never grew out of it. you would think as a 18, almost 19, year old freshman in college, I would be MATURE enough to be able to stay up late and not get sick, but nope. maybe it's because I act like a child and am obsessed with capri suns. do you think it could be because I love to climb trees? you know one of my role models, peter pan, once said, "if growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, never grow up, never. not me." and that's the best solution I can think of. so needless to say, throwing up is not that big of a deal for me. believe it or not I used to wake up and feel sick like every morning. sometimes it would be weird when I woke up and didn't feel sick at all.
so you may be wondering how I could possibly be titling this blog "blessed" especially because it's about how sick I was today. well it all starts here. after I woke up, I did the smartest thing I could think of and I went and bought a sprite, it's the miracle drink for all throw up viruses, and then I watched modern family on my computer for a while until I was able to go back to sleep. I took a pretty good 4 hour long nap and while I was asleep, two of my friends, neal and cody, brought me some ice pops. now it doesn't sound like much, I mean let's be real, ice pops are quite the hot commodity right now, but the point is that they cared. today, so many people texted me or tweeted at me and just asked if I needed anything, or If I was feeling better, or just that they loved me. and then neal came back and brought me some club crackers, the miracle stomach virus food, and yellow powerade. and even though I was throwing up alllll day, and I couldn't leave my bed, I am so thankful for today.
so thankful for all the people in my life.
so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment