Friday, August 13, 2010

keller room 106

Tonight i had the incredible opportunity to have a bible study with some girls in a dorm, to really just encourage each other and pray for each other right now during rush. when i walked in, i expected to see like 4 or 5 of my good friends but much to my dismay, there were about 21 girls in there, all eager to pray for each other and learn more about God and his awesome power. If i have learned anything this week it is how awesome God is. even though sometimes, and by sometimes i mean a lot of the times, i put him on the back burner, he is continually blessing me. whether it is good teaching, and godly wisdom from my parents, or just having a really solid group of girls here in auburn, half of them i didn't even know, that i could come together with just to hang out and pray for each other. God. is. so. awesome.

my verse today was given to me by my sweet friend audrey, and it is psalm 139:1-5

"O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you
discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is
too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it."

i know i keep saying this, but i need to hear it myself. God is in control. he's got this. it is super super encouraging to know that especially from opportunities like tonight, whether i am in a sorority or not, i am going to make friends. and by friends, i mean other people that love the Lord, and point me to him everyday. i also really like the message translation...

" God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand.
I'm an open book to you;
even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I'm never out of your sight.
You know everything I'm going to say
before I start the first sentence.
I look behind me and you're there,
then up ahead and you're there, too—
your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful—
I can't take it all in!"

we are an open book to God. he know us. and he loves us anyway. he loves us deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment