and honestly I don't blame him/ her/ it.
So where do I begin? do I update you with everything that you've missed, do I press on, beginning with right now??
Well, I'll update you on the important things, and THEN expose my newest ideas.
Junior Year.
I got my hair cut.
OK so today, it is like what, the third day of Christmas break? yes, and ALSO the 9th day of detox december, which followed "no men november" which you would know more about if I hadn't been so brief in my update. Now, I know what you're thinking, and its not drug detox, but a life detox. I am detoxing all the things in my life that have a negative impact on me, and no better time and place than during christmas break!! So far, it hasn't been easy/ I haven't really done much of anything because finals is this horrible week college students have to go through where nothing makes sense and life doesn't feel real, and the only solution to all of the problems is mt. dew and almond m&ms.
Oh, another update: greatest candy on earth, ALMOND M&MS.
But finals are over, and I feel like I can really start thinking again. Thank the Lord. Lately, I have been so convicted by the world that I choose to live in. Not the world I was born into, but the one I choose to live in. the one dominated by self-entitlement and pride. Detox december is designed to be a month in which I can focus. really focus. on the things in my life that are unhealthy.. getting rid of those, and the things that are healthy.. seeking those.
this whole semester at RUF, richard taught through Colossians. I learned so much, and I am so thankful for every circumstance that God has used to teach me these things this semester.
Colossians 3: 1-17
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you:sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self,which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
12Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved,compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Over the break, I will be updating you on my life, updating a lot probably because I think I'm going to delete el facebook (part of the detox), and writing about how good our God is. writing these posts, it helps. it helps my scrambled finals mind to see the glory of God during a time when it should be so easy (cough cough Christmas... Jesus' birth etc.) but frankly sometimes it isn't so easy. writing.. its good for the detox.
All that to say, three cheers to christmas break. detox december. and almond m&ms.
hip hip HOORAY
hip hip HOORAY
hip hip HOORAY
Just a warning this questions about using your blog. I cant figure out if you have a search tool on your blog. I was searching 4 the words children kids parenting and pregnancy. If you dont have a search tool can you tell me what date u wrote about these topics of you did. This is an awesome blog! Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDelete