Tuesday, October 18, 2011

semi-formal

well, its that time of year again.
formal season.
all the girls start fuhreakin out, they need a date, they need a dress, they need someone to take their pictures, they NEED help.

It's the night of formal, all the sorority girls are curling their hair and getting that last minute spray tan that never looks good no matter what anyone says. they squeeze into their high heels and add that lip color because their mom text them and reminded them. the formal kings are suiting up in their tuxes and suits, they've brushed up on their swing dancing, and the lyrics to wagon wheel by old crow medicine show. everyone figures out a time to meet, 3 hours early to take endless pictures, for facebook, but mostly for moms, and the perfect place to get the best background.
**word of advice, DO NOT take pictures at an engineering building. always shoot for places with, well, nature. unless you want crappy pictures with columns and windows.
from there, you pregame at someone's apartment. then you get to formal, eat from the mashed potato bar, dance the night away, and even sing some songs with the band if you're cool enough.
typical formal.

well, because I'm a ridiculous person, I tend to do things a little differently. thankfully the dress I ordered off the internet when I realized I didn't have one came in the day before, and my pinterest hair braid looked better than I was expecting. my flats looked fine, and to this day still don't really know what moms mean when they talk about lip color.
simple black dress. simple gold flats. simple braid into a ponytail. simple
(simple=better)

once we were all ready 45 minutes too late, and after I performed a miracle on the steamer, (what can I say, I have a way with healing electronics) we took the lame pictures, and we went to my apartment and ate dinner, I made bubble pizza (a group favorite) and we had cookies for dessert.

my date was nate and he was super great. thankfully, his name was nate, which is really easy to rhyme with which provided me with constant entertainment the whole night.
nate, date, late, eight, great, plate, kate, fate... you get the picture.

the band was eh, but the location was beautiful and me and melanie made a tunnel for anslee when they called her name.
epic night to say the least.

presh.
what a great foursome. #bestfriendsforever
what a great group

love this girl.

britzy had chi o formal, and she OF COURSE she was lookin fly. we're kinda like soulmates.
I know what you're thinking, and yes. we looked THAT good

No comments:

Post a Comment