why? I don't know..
it's just..
different.
friends are different.
classes are different.
AOII is different.
I'm different.
not bad.. just different.
and I don't know if I like it or not. I mean, let's be real, at the end of freshman year I was comfortable. and now, I just don't have that anymore. I miss everyone.
its. just. different.
freshman year was just so.. fun and exciting and new. every night was something fun, something spontaneous, something crazy.
too many nights of sophomore year, already, have ended with me, alone, going to bed, or watching friends on nick at nite, or knitting.
why does it all have to change? why do people have to change??
I don't know.. and I hate not knowing. the good news, is that I have a God who is never going to change. a God who is going to take care of me. I have already seen it so much this year and its only been a month.
He's got me, and He's got a plan, and IT IS GREAT.
until then, here is a list of things I am going to do (metaphorically) to make sophomore year just as great.
1. skydiving.
why not? I'm 19. lets do it.
2. fire tower.
this is a freshman thing, that I somehow missed...
3. skinny dip under a waterfall.
self explanatory.
4.make new friends.
hey, why not??
5. celine dion karaoke night.
I will find one in auburn.
6. crash a wedding
technically, I've already done this.. but this time, I want it to be someone so completely random.
7. ROAD TRIPSSSS
this is how you meet your best friends, by going on road trips.
8. be in a flash mob.
ok I already signed up for flashmob america.. but if you have any information on how I could accomplish this.. hit a girl up.
9.play a huge game of man hunt.
somehow I missed out of this in my pledge class, but I still want to.
10. go to a rave.
its been too long.
11. prank war
who wants to do this with me?
12. megabus.
for 3 dollars I can go to washington D.C. for like 6 I can go to chicago.
13. sleep outside in my hammock again.
its tradition
14. go to cool concerts.
avett brothers tomorrow night in atlanta is a great start.
15. be courageous.
16. be ok. be ok with change, be ok with people hating you, be ok with people not wanting to be your best friends. be ok with how things are.
like I said, God is going to work it all.
how cool is that I have a God, who I can trust. who gives me peace. who gives me rest in him.
who takes care of me, now, and forever.
with whom, I am free.
goodbye sophomore slump.
** if anyone would like to participate in the above shenanigans, please call me. or if you have other spontaneous shenanigans to contribute.. hit this girl up.
lets live it up together.
we can sleep when we are dead.
"people don't look back at college and say, 'I wish I had slept more'."
-barry manilow
No comments:
Post a Comment