Two things I'm really excited about right now.
1) this ticket.

I would just like to point out that this is for a FREE avett brothers concert in atlanta. FREE. I mean, that's like 3 of my favorite things in the whole world: ATL (hotlanta), the Avett Brothers, and free stuff. mainly, I just love free stuff. but not only is it one ticket but its for me and a guest!! and I dont have just one, I have 3 of those. thats 6 FREE tickets. well guys, who wants to go?! really though, who are my best friends? If you love those three things too, please, come along.
2) deacitvated facebook account.

yep that's right. no more facebook. we'll have to see how long that last, hopefully forever. sometimes I love facebook, it can be so encouraging. I love seeing bible verses on people's statuses, but the one or two seconds I read those verses does not make up for the time spent on facebook not glorifying the Lord or advancing his kingdom. I definitely think the Lord has power of social networking, and He can for sure use it to glorify His name, but not through me. not right now anyway, I am just too weak to facebook temptation. sounds stupid right?? Im just so thankful that I have a God whom I can run freely into the arms of. from fear, anxieties, big temptations, and even the really stupid ones. maybe by cutting out fb, I will read my bible in the morning, not my notifications.
I'm encouraged.
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."
-James 4:8
No comments:
Post a Comment