1. jigsaw puzzles
today I bought a 1000 piece puzzle from the thrift store and sat and worked on it, all day.
2. british accents
believe it or not, while I worked on my jigsaw puzzle I talked to myself in a british accent the whole time. true confessions. it was a lil bit dodgy
3. baby elephants
let's be real, they're adorable, and they would make the cutest pets. I mean, have you ever seen dumbo? it doesnt help that there are movies like summer of the monkeys, and andre the sea lion, or that lion movie that all give me hope that I will actually own one, one day.

4. harry potter
oh my goodness, only 12 days til deathly hallows part 2 comes out. blowing. my. mind.
5. crafts/creativity/pinterest and matt & kim.
ever heard of pinterest? well look it up. it's been my mind's home for the past two weeks. matt & kim is my new favorite listening obsession.
6. summer
"and so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer"
-F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

7. my little sister
poor thing had a concussion this week, absolutely scared me death. I really do lover her. alot. alot alot.
8. the Bible
seriously, I've read some awesome stories in there lately. its incredible the things you realized you missed when you go back and reread those old stories you heard thousands of time in sunday school. want an example? check out 2nd Samuel 9. it will change your life
9. essie fingernail polish
I just bought "sew psyched" and seriously I am SO psyched. its like a cool mineral green, definitely helping me to fulfill this granola/hippie lifestyle I've been pursuing all summer
10. ideas
right now, in my mind, instead of actual life plans, I seem to have a lot of ideas just floating around. ideas about missions, ideas about decorating my apartment, ideas about how I'm going to dress my future children, about how im going to meet justin bieber, about going to africa, about my future wedding (what? I'm a girl. this also includes the $998 engagement ring I picked out. good luck with that one future hubby) about what to wear tomorrow, about being poor one day, about traveling the world, about taking up a musical instrument, about making crafts, about what I want to name my dog (cosby, by the way. after bill cosby, from the cosby show, one of my all time favorites) about my next 100 birthday parties, about what I will eat for lunch tomorrow, about trying to being homeless for one week, about attempting to document my life with a disposable camera, more about missions, really just about everything.
right now, not many things seem real, everything just feels like another idea, unfortunately, that means I'm growing up. taking all your ideas and making them happen.
some will crash and burn, but, hopefully, at least one will be great, and that one, is what will keep me going. it will make it all worth it.
the crazy thing, is that it's is all kinda fun.
dont worry too much about me, I may be growing up, but I will always build forts, and climb trees, and drink mtn. dew out of the bottle with a straw that makes glasses around my face.

No comments:
Post a Comment