this is my sappy end of the summer blog post. and here is some sappy end of the summer country lyrics that really explains how i'm feeling.
"(Whoa-oh)
Never gonna grow up
(Whoa-oh)
Never gonna slow down
(Whoa-oh)
We were shinin' like lighters in the dark
In the middle of a rock show
(Whoa-oh)
We were doin' it right
(Whoa-oh)
We were comin' alive
(Whoa-oh)
Yeah, caught up in a Southern summer, a barefoot, blue jean night"
please don't be thrown off by the "whoa-oh's", if you know the song, you would understand.
you know, I don't often listen to country music. I don't really enjoy it that much, but, since I live in Auburn, the great plains of rodeo, sec football, and of course, country music, it is hard to be a hipster and enjoy the hipster things in life, like mumford and sons, and of course I want to fit in, so sometimes I do find my self headbobbin to a good ole country song.
blasphemy.
I know you're probably really disappointed, but sometimes shallow cookie cutter guitar strummin music is good for the soul.
I know I talk an awful lot about how I never want to grow up... (hello peter pan syndrome) and how I never want to slow down..
I guess I'm just shining like a lighter in the dark in the middle of a rock* show.
I'm always doing it right.
I guess you could say I'm coming alive.. or am now alive. I'm a pretty 'live' human being.
I'm just caught up in a southern (sweet home alabama/ what up bham), not barefoot (I support giving people shows, I just do it by wearing them.. and actually giving people shoes. I mean, I am a member of the TOMS club.) blue jean JORTS night.
goodbye summer.
hello auburn.
*notice it says ROCK not country
No comments:
Post a Comment