well, if anyone knows me at all, especially you, my faithful readers, should know that the whole above sentence should have been typed in sarcastic font, because nothing about that is appealing to me. don't get me wrong, everyone loves rodeo. everyone seriously loves it, but I just don't think its for me. so I passed up that golden opportunity, with an even greater opportunity, and it is called, creamed corn.
ahhh creamed corn. probably my favorite, no most definitely, my favorite vegetable. and I know, it's really something that only old people eat in hospitals who don't have teeth, like applesauce, but really both of those are two of my favorite foods. what, I like hospital food, get over it. but seriously, every time I come home from college, my mom has a log of cream corn sitting in our freezer just waiting for me. I would eat it with every meal if I could. like, I'm obsessed.
so me and my friends went to the lake for the weekend, for the first time in my life, I was completely unsupervised, so we totally took advantage of that, by cooking dinner for ourselves, going on a walk, watching princess diaries 2 and grease, going to bed at 10, sleeping in, and doing laundry.
sounds crazy right? maybe not, but let me tell you it was exactly what I needed. rest. physical rest, emotional rest, and most importantly rest in God.
and even more importantly creamed corn.

No comments:
Post a Comment