This week was spring break, and after spending a wonderful time at home all week, soaking up those last moments with the fam before I'm home for the whole summer. we did a whole lot of nothing with a little bit of nothing sprinkled on top. we watched a lot of soccer, only because I love my baby brother dearly, ate all my favorite foods, I think my parents felt bad for me, I hung out with my favorite EVER, kathryn allen and lucy walker, I spent QUALITY time with one of the greatest people I know, Lindsay Bean ladies and gents, I made absolutely no money, I read the whole hunger games, and I got no tan on my skin.
it was grand.
to top it all of, the last saturday night I acted only out of spontaneity and I spent 50 dollars that I don't have on the concert of a life time.
the avett brothers.
If you know me at all, you know its a big deal I spent 50 bucks on anything, but an even bigger deal that I got to see the avett brothers. remember this post, the time I went to hotlanta, well, this time, I actually did see the avett brothers.
I don't even know the best way to describe this experience, except that I don't think any other music will ever be as good. They started off great, played all my favorites, some great ones were
colorshow
ten thousand words
talk on indolence
go to sleep
I and Love and You
january wedding
salina
the hymn that I've posted about before, just a closer walk with thee
laundry room..
I mean, I could go on and on. I can't remember if they sang that one, but really it was so incredible.
I went with leigh ann, and we ran into todd and george hamm, and literally had so much fun. after we went to Al's mediterranean deli, and laughed a ton. Todd made jokes about fountains being decorative water, and we sat and literally could not stop talking about the concert.
They say young is good and old is fine
and truth is cool but all that matters
is that you have your good times
thank you avett brothers for an awesome show.
forever my favorite
...and scott avett, you can have my heart.
I mean literally, you can HAVE it.



No comments:
Post a Comment